How do I get rid of foggy windows?

+2
Has anyone had any success with ridding their windows of the "foggy syndrome," when the gas between the double panes breaks and results in ugly, hazy fog?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 25, 2017
    sorry they will have to be replaced. Once the seal breaks there is no way of saving them

• William William on May 25, 2017
    I agree with Janet. Once the seal is compromised the Argon gas escapes replaced by air. The haze is water vapor. Also the insulating properties is gone. The glass panes will nee to be replaced. Ace hardware sells replacement double pane glass panels. They also install them.

• Linda M. Taylor Linda M. Taylor on May 26, 2017
    If you had them installed they should have a guarantee. If you can,try to buy Milguard windows. They are guaranteed for life. Our seal broke and they came out and replaced it at no charge.

• Susan Susan on May 28, 2017
    Replace the window. Its ugly to look at, and doesn't function correctly anymore without the gas.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 04, 2017
    I have the same problem in my french doors. The seal is broke. The window company can come out and replace, but I'm sure it is pricey. I will just have to live with it for now.