How do I remove super glue from a rubber floor mat?

I spilled glue on my rubber floor mat and have tried alcohol, soap, goop and some other things, but nothing took it all away.
  • William William on Jul 21, 2016
    Nail polish remover or acetone.
  • Jennie Lee Jennie Lee on Jul 22, 2016
    William is right, but test it on the mat first, in an inconspicuous place.
    • Gabrielle Falk Gabrielle Falk on Jul 22, 2016
      Definitely. Use nail polish remover on the underside of the mat. I'm banned from using super glue. I get it every where. On my fingers etc.. But never fear, it always comes off after a short period of time. Washing hands etc.
  • Patricia Bell Patricia Bell on Jul 22, 2016
    I don't know if you have tried this but plain old Windex removes a lot of things you wouldn't think it would work on. My sister spilled half a bottle of red nail polish onto her light beige carpet. Everything that she tried just smeared it around. However with the Windex it literally wiped up up most of the stains. She repeated a couple of times and you cannot find where it was. You might give it a shot!
    • William William on Aug 21, 2018

It's not the Windex, but the alcohol and ammonia in it that did the trick. Both are great cleaners and cheaper.

• Christine Millership Christine Millership on Jul 22, 2016
    Nail varnish remover and a Q tip will definitely do it, but work from the outside in. Keep dabbing and wiping outside in, as nail varnish remover tends to make it spread out if you're not careful,
  • Ron RJ Young Ron RJ Young on Jul 27, 2016
    Acetone and try WD-40. Acetone will soften turn to gel and WD-40 will prevent it from adhearing over again
  • Holmescr Holmescr on Aug 21, 2018

Thank you so much many blessings.👍

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 30, 2022

Maybe ask for Super Glue Remover at DIY store.

WD-40 should do it!

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 05, 2022

Finger nail polish remover.