How do you get an old toilet bowl clean?

+4
It's yellow inside and very old . Without using harsh chemicals

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 05, 2017
    Buy a new one - it won't be worth the time or effort...........

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 05, 2017
    try pouring baking soda followed by white vinegar,then use a pumice stone

• Ken Ken on Dec 05, 2017
    If you have the same deal Down Under as we have in the US, the govamint has been sticking their nose into your toilets. Back in the late 80s, give or take, there was a mandate for low water per flush usage. The manufacturers complied but the toilets clogged. A lot. Took a couple of decades for the manufacturers to figure it out and now even the $88 Glacier Bay that I bought this year from Home Depot flushes great every time.

So, if it's more than 30 years old it will use a LOT of water to flush. Less than that it may use less water but you will need to build a special place for the plunger 'cause you will be using it all the time.

Take a cue from me and smash the old one into little pieces for use as driveway aggregate.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 05, 2017
    CLR - put it in the bowl and leave it to soak. It's made for things like this.

• Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Dec 05, 2017
    New toilets are not expensive and very easy to replace. It is something you will never regret. You don't even need a plumber. If you can't do it yourself you can hire a handyman for much less than a plumber.

• Sandy Fisher Sandy Fisher on Dec 06, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your answers think I will just get a new one. I've tired bicarb and vinegar but the toilet is really old and the place is rented.