How do you get rid of a peach-colored mold that appears in our shower?

+6
We spray a home-made cleaner of hydrogen peroxide, water and dishwashing soap in the shower after every use. This cleaner works great on everything but this peach colored mold. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it and keep it at bay? We air the shower out really well after each use.
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on Jun 14, 2017
    I've had the same problem. For some reason, only a bleach gets it off. I use a bit in a cup with a toothbrush for where it lives around the door. Maybe once you've gotten rid of it, it won't come back.

• you will most likely have to use bleach or a commercial product that targets that. I spray my shower with a similar home made product and it reduces but does not eliminate everything.

• Martha Martha on Jun 14, 2017
    its actually a bacteria! i read somewhere that you really cant get rid of it completely but can keep it from growing. the best way i have found is to use diluted bleach and scrub

• Carrie Carrie on Jun 14, 2017
    go to a health food store and buy four thieves oil. Do a mixture of twenty drops to a quart of water spray and leave for ten minutes and wipe off. Works for all molds and helps it stay away longer. Hope this helps

• RoxVee RoxVee on Jun 14, 2017
    Get a good squeegee, using it after every shower and rotate any shower curtains through the laundry

• Yjc2154207 Yjc2154207 on Jun 14, 2017
    I 've used dawn & vinegar in a spray bottle. One inch of Dawn then fill the spray bottle up with vinegar. I have no mold or fungus in my showers.

• Kathy Kathy on Jun 14, 2017
    use bleach

• Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom on Jun 14, 2017
    Are you sure it's mold? I get peachy colored stains from the rust in our well water. If it is from rust, they make a product called Whink rust remover but it is only recommended to use it on white tubs and sinks.

• Tara Talley Tara Talley on Jun 14, 2017
    I haven't had this problem since I started using liquid bath soap but you're right about one thing you have to leave the shower open & let it dry between uses.