How often do you dust your house?

+12
  • Sharon Sharon on Jun 17, 2017
    At least once a week..

• 1 time every 2 weeks

• Mir Graham Mir Graham on Jun 17, 2017
    I dust my house at least once a week, but it really depends on the type of return and the size of your home... that and my allergies suffer if it is too dusty.

• Lynn Murphy-Picker Lynn Murphy-Picker on Jun 17, 2017
    It is according to the season, whether or not the windows are opened up a lot, road construction in the area, amount of traffic on the road, farmers in the fields, wood burning stove or fireplace, children, pets, etc.. . I have to do my hardwood floors every 2 days because of my dog. Everything else gets dusted at least once a week including the overhead fans, exhaust fans, heating & cooling vents, and window blinds throughout the house. Some people dust every couple weeks. It all depends on each individual house.

• Constantly. I live in a hot dusty climate and have 3 dogs, 6 cats, a canary, a dragon and the neighbors 3 dogs. And I have a cleaning lady come once a month to help with big stuff like washing walls and cleaning baseboards, etc.

• Pamela Rascoe Brown Pamela Rascoe Brown on Jun 18, 2017
    as little as possible.

• Pamelalounsbery Pamelalounsbery on Jun 19, 2017
    I dust mine every two weeks with a duster a rag and polish spray polish on rag wipe that on duster frequently while dusting will clean off your duster while not using to much polish

• Rosalie Rogers Rosalie Rogers on Jun 19, 2017
    I let my husband do that.

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 19, 2017
    I usually need to dust every four days as I have construction going on outside. If I had none, I dust once a week but twice if I have company as I have some glass tables that show dust all the time. Same goes for my floors, toilets, etc. - they get cleaned once a week but the sinks usually need a cleaning every day or two as they film over quite readily.

• Karla Clair Karla Clair on Jun 19, 2017
    That would be nice to have.

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 19, 2017
    PS: sorry, I gave my answer regarding just the furniture. I have dark hardwood flooring, so I try to Swiffer-dust every day as Dust really shows but I love the look of them. I also live alone so everyone's needs are different depending on if you have kids, pets, etc.

Thanks

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 19, 2017
    Karla - everyone's living arrangements differ a lot! Some people rarely entertain or have little company or friends while others are raising teenagers with hoards of their friends staying for dinner or hanging out. I have moved a LOT and oddly, have found my last two homes to have the dustiest EVER master bedrooms and closets too! I wear a lot of black, as it's a no brainer, and I even had to periodically vacuum the shoulders of my black tops and jackets. Both of those houses were new builds with very clean ductwork, etc. - I never could understand why so much dust seemed to gather in both of those bedrooms (of the two houses)!

• Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on Jun 20, 2017
    not often enough.....no set time for me.. I used to be very precise about it, but as I've gotten older,, its not a big deal to me. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.. I will say it depends on your heating system.. OIL is the worst.. always a grayish dirty dust.. even with a high quality air cleaning system and regular cleaning of the filterss