How to clean a light oak laminate floor.

+2
I know one would think this is a stupid question, but does anyone have a suggestion of how to clean a light oak laminate floor? I've tried multiple cleaning products, different cleaning techniques and the floors still looks streaked. Bought Bruce floor cleaner recommended by manufacturer, and that works O.K. but only if I am on my hands and knees with polishing rags doing it by hand. I am 76 years old and can no longer do this heavy type cleaning. The light from out living room windows shines down on the floor about 5 hours out of the day and the floors look horrible with mop streaks running everywhere. Would love a cleaning product that would clean and shine in one step with a mop without leaving streaks . It would be a life saver for me. Thank you..

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 29, 2017
    I use a Shark steamer and love the way my floors look

• Ken Ken on Dec 29, 2017
    My answer would have been the Bruce floor products too.

Just looked it up and found a product called "Quick Shine" that is recommended for laminate floors. You may also find it called Mop-N-Shine or similar. Since laminate floors are essentially the same as vinyl, any of the mop and go type of clean and shine products should work just fine. Use them with a sponge mop and a bucket of clean water. Squirt some on the floor, spread it with the mop, rinse, repeat. Use it on my kitchen vinyl tile whenever I clean it.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Dec 29, 2017
    BONA wood floor products are great

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    never use a steamer on laminate flooring.Use the Laminate floor care system by bona,or white vinegar and water 50/50 and a micro fiber mop

• Carol Smth Carol Smth on Dec 29, 2017
    I bought a floor steamer a few years back, and noticed the heat really softened the vinyl floor in the kitchen and dining room. Tried it on the laminate floor (Not cheap flooring) and noticed it streaked too. Bought the extra pads to change often. Maybe I should drag it out and try again and see how it goes. Thanks for reminding me Tinyshoes, and I will look for the BONA product Cheryl. I am ready to try anything at this point. Bought the new mop advertised on TV and used it for the first time yesterday and kitchen, dining room, laminate floor was all streaked this morning. Had to rinse again this morning with a string mop and that did help. All my life I mopped my floor on my hands and knees. I can't do that anymore and I'm really struggling for a remedy that will be easier on this old back.