How to clean outside brass door handle?

+4
  • Pat King Witt Pat King Witt on Jun 07, 2017
    I restored an old radio that had brass decor on it. I used ketchup. Just rubbed it on, let it sit for a few minutes and used a soft cloth. I had to do it several times but it worked. I guess the small amount of acid in it makes it work.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 07, 2017
    You can try plain white toothpaste.

• Lora Lora on Jun 07, 2017
    Brasso.

• Mrf23631640 Mrf23631640 on Jun 08, 2017
    I am leaping to the conclusion that you mean a Brass Looking Door Knob/handle? so anything the is not too abrasive will work even baking soda paste . The problem is after it shines how do you keep it that way? Clear Silicone Spray works for a while. Once the Factory finish goes away everything is going to be lets do this again next year.

• Msi1170121 Msi1170121 on Jun 08, 2017
    Check out the name/brand of knob. One company replaces their knobs if they become discolored and tarnished.

• Rodger Tucker Rodger Tucker on Jun 08, 2017
    Lemon & salt mixture or "Brasso:.

• Florent Florent on Jun 09, 2017
    There is something called "Pierre blanche". It's a white bloc sold with a fine sponge in a box. Wet the sponge a bit, pass it on the bloc surface. It will sparkle a bit. Then rub it on your brass knob. It will clean and protect it. As it's a very usable brass part, it will be to be done again as soon as you'll need it. But you can use a metal varnish to protect brass after cleaning...