How to get rid of a toilet bowl ring?

+3
  • Try borax and vinegar - about a 1/4 cup of borax and a cup of vinegar should do it. Let it sit for about a 1/2 hour and scrub with a toilet brush.

• Tanne Tanne on Dec 26, 2017
    Lightly rub with pumice stone.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 26, 2017
    Most rings that are hard to clean are from minerals in the water. You can pour a cup or two of white vinegar in and let it soak for 4 or more hours. I usually put it in at night when I retire. Then scrub most out with a regular bowl brush. However, I also use Mr. Clean Magic toilet scrubber to finish it well. I use vinegar first as it saves the expensive Magic scrubber from being torn to shreds right away. That way a pad will last for a month or more and vinegar is cheaper.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 26, 2017
    pour white vinegar followed by baking soda in the toilet and the tank,then use a pumice stone

• Anita Springer Anita Springer on Dec 26, 2017
    scrub it with a pumice stone

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 26, 2017
    Tang - koolaid did not work for my toilet hard water stains/ ring.
    The pumice stick this is excellent way to remove stains and rings in the toilet. When commercial toilet cleaners fail -this is my go to. Great for thick crusted calcium mineral build up.
    They are found at my local Walmart for less than two dollars -good for multiple uses. Be sure to follow the use instructions, soak the pumice stone in water for a few minutes. While the stone is soaking, grab your toilet brush and splash water up around the ring. Note: It’s very important to keep both the stone and the surface wet while cleaning to avoid scratching your porcelain.