How to keep my baseboards from getting marred and dirty looking?

+2
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 25, 2017
    A good habit is to go over them with a mop when you are mopping your floors clean. This will help the baseboards stay clean looking.

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on May 25, 2017
    You can wax them with floor wax and the dust, etc doesn't stick. As far as marring, do your best to keep things away from the baseboards that will cause that.

• Kristen Koehler Kristen Koehler on May 25, 2017
    I have white baseboards in my house that have a little shelf on them that catches dust and dirt constantly. Dusting alone won't clean them. First, I use the brush attachment on my vacuum and run along the shelf part to clean off any loose dust and dirt. Then I have good luck just running a Clorox wipe over the baseboard to get rid of the dirt that has stuck.

• Doris Jean Miller Doris Jean Miller on May 25, 2017
    I used The Victorian House FInish Rejuvenator on some that had already been mopped so many times they looked white in areas. I thought the finish was gone but the Rejuvenator replaced the oil and made the finish look new. It made it water resistant again like the finish was when it was new. The scratches are gone and white faded areas are gone and its been over a year. If you want to know more about it they have a website. I get it in Tulsa and its made in Oklahoma I don;t have a pic of the baseboards but here if a pic of a table I did for my niece that had white water rings and scratches. USA. www.thevictorianhouseproducts.com

• Kathy Kathy on May 25, 2017
    i use my sniffer duster and stiffer mop on mine. Keeps me from having to get done on all 4s. You could vacuum then use a regular damp mop.