How to naturally freshen house with multiple pets

+9
  • Nichole Eubanks Nichole Eubanks on Jun 20, 2017
    Lemon and leave them out or place in a defused with mint leafs on top

• Leslie Leslie on Jun 20, 2017
    Clean with white vinegar or sprinkle baking soda on carpets and let sit for a while then vacume.

• Janet Callahan Janet Callahan on Jun 20, 2017
    Have you tried essential oils in a candle warmer? Citrus or mint oils are very refreshing.
    Airing out your house as often as possible is helpful, as well as keeping your furnace filters clean. Keeping the furnace and ceiling fans running to circulate the air helps too .

• Nancy Eaton McEwen Nancy Eaton McEwen on Jun 20, 2017
    I use a dehumidifier and it makes a huge difference. I have 3 dogs. The humidity doesn't help. Then I use natural items around the house (pine, lemons, etc) for extra scent.

• Mwood Mwood on Jun 20, 2017
    With 5 dogs and 2 cats, you would think my house would spell like a petting zoo. In fact I get many compliments how clean my house smells. First, bathe your pets regularly, keep the kitty litter clean and freshby adding a cup of baking soda to it. Open your windows to air out the house on a regular basis. Also, to reduce pet hair and dander, I replaced all carpet surfaces with laminate. After the carpet removal, I rented a scrubber, cleaned the concrete slab and sealed it. I clean EVERYTHING with products that are citrus infused (or make your own). I keep the trashcan in the garage and I run an essential oil diffuser in the house. None of this is expensive and easy to keep up with - I just make it part of my daily agenda. Hope this helps!

• Peggy Peggy on Jun 20, 2017
    On carpet I use baking soda. Sprinkle it on, let it set for an hour or so & vac it up. Helps the carpet. Wash the pet beds & blankets & spray the furniture & curtains with a fabric refreshner. Open the windows as often as possible.

dehumidifier and it makes a huge difference.

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 20, 2017
    Make sure you wash the pet beds (if they have any) on a frequent basis, shampoo your dogs as needed and if you have cats, scoop out their litter box three or four times a day. Eventually, replace the entire litter, as needed, but they have amazing products out there now at avoiding any odors.

Unfortunately, cats get a bad rap when their litter box smells when it's really the fault of the owner. Many cat owners fail to scoop out their "droppings" throughout the day. Cats love a clean litter box and when a pet owner doesn't provide that, the poor cat has to go somewhere else then is blamed for doing its business elsewhere. My daughter had three cats a few years back and you would never know there was a cat in the house!

• Susan Susan on Jun 20, 2017
    Get odoban it is made of natural oils and really takes away odors

• Pegg77 Pegg77 on Jun 20, 2017
    A few drops of vanilla on light bulbs throughout the house. It smells like something baking.

• Candace Candace on Jun 20, 2017
    Try using baking soda on carpets...sprinkle lightly, leave 15 minutes and vacuum.
    Also, I use rosemary, lavender and lemons in a mason jar, the mouth covered in fabric fastened with a clear elastic band. It last a week Or two. Essential oils work well too, placed high so curious kitties don't knock things over, or exuberant tail wagging.

• Michele Michele on Jun 20, 2017
    I spray my furniture and boil some water and cinnamon on the stove and when boiled I carry it through the rooms and it freshens up the rooms.