How do I remove a sticky residue on my cookie pan?

+3

I have a dark colored cookie pan on which I used spray oil. It has left a sticky residue and has discolored my pan. I have used ketchup, vinegar and baking soda, barkeeps friend and hot soapy water. It will not come off. Any suggestions? And thank you for your help.

• E Z Off Oven cleaner. Spray it, place in a garbage bag and let sit over night.

While the cooking sprays are convenient, I never use them for more reasons than I can count, but this is one of them. They can really mess up your pans. Plus if you can't get the goo off the baking pan, what does that say for the food that was cooked on that pan?

I use parchment paper and a healthy oil instead for just about everything. Easier to clean up and slightly healthier.

• Mogie Mogie on Jan 05, 2019

Combine some baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and you've got a "miracle mixture" that can turn old pots and pans, cookie sheets, and cooking utensils from grimy to shiny.

If you soak it for a few hours in this mixture, you don't even have to scrub it. I just let the baking soda/peroxide mix sit for about 30 minutes and then clean as normal.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jan 05, 2019

Debbie,. Try Goo Gone. You can make a paste of baking soda and vinegar. If you were baking cookies, you need to clean the old oil each time they come out. You need to respry with each batch. Aloha!

• Lzj10232958 Lzj10232958 on Jan 06, 2019

Easiest, cheapest and probably least toxic is a bottle w/spray nozzle of AWESOME. Only $1.00, quart in plastic container, found in most dollar stores. (Used to be advertised on TV, as an all purpose cleaner.) In Michigan, I go to Dollar Tree. A liquid clelaner that I found has dozens of uses. Example, spray on a label you want to remove, wait a few minutes, and rub it right off. No overpowering, chemical smell like Goo Gone (I think is the name of the product, I used to use. Threw it away after I discovered Awesome.) I even use it for laundry, spray on heavily soiled areas/spots (especially grease/oils). Truly is AWESOME! Try it (for a dollar, why not)! I've cleaned heavily greasy kitchen ware/stove tops, stove vent fan hoods, w/Awesome. If for some reason it doesn't work on your gooey baking pan, you'll get your dollar's worth in the many other uses/cleaning applications. Good Luck!

• Dee Dee on Mar 18, 2019

I love AWESOME! Buy it at Dollar Tree , and can used on so many things for cleaning!