How to remove yellow stains from linoleum floors

We have noticed that several yellow stains are now showing in the linoleum. It looks like the glue is starting to show through. The linoleum is not showing any wear that could be the cause. In another room a bath mat rug was laid in front of the shower area and now there are yellow stains from the rubber backing of that rug. This is in a house that we are planning to move into and are in the process of cleaning.
  • Kat Mckee Kat Mckee on Jun 19, 2017
    Two things to try ..magic erasers (can get at dollar store) use with cleanser
    also try "spot shot" ..this works great on tough stains

• Bernice H Bernice H on Jun 19, 2017
    We have this problem,and had it before. I believe it is the adhesive underneath...there is no other reason for the yellowing spots. I really believe it is coming from underneath in some way. Now the bath mat is another problem. I do know people have painted their vinyl floors successfully. And they look and wear very nice.

• Just peachy Just peachy on Jun 19, 2017
    if it's glue showing through, a common problem with linoleum you're may just have to live with it. I assume you're renting? If you're owning the property, peel and stick tiles would cover it up easily. You'd have to do the whole room, of course, but it would solve the problem.