I bought an old car and cannot get rid of the mildew smell.

+5
Tried vinegar on a sponge and shampood it twice, and a few other home remedies without any luck.
  • Betsy Betsy on Jun 16, 2017
    I find that Febreeze works wonders on smells. It actually works.

• Dinky Diana Kay Smith Dinky Diana Kay Smith on Jun 16, 2017
    I would recommend a blend of baking soda and a small amount of dawn dishwashing liquid. Baking soda helps to remove odors from just about anything.

• Kristin Pasterski Kristin Pasterski on Jun 16, 2017
    Have to remove padding and carpet..was metal replace padding and carpet..only way :/

• Paul Glen Paul Glen on Jun 16, 2017
    try sugar soap, i used it on and old capri i picked up, worked wonders

• Sherry Zink Morrison Sherry Zink Morrison on Jun 16, 2017
    I have taken baking soda and sprinkled it on outdoor cushions that became musty smellIng. Just let it set a day and vacuumed and repeat. It worked pretty good. Baking soda rocks! Just be patient, it may take a treatment or two. Good luck!

• TinaLouise TinaLouise on Jun 16, 2017
    A bag of charcoal like for your grill.
    I would put in a box the whole bag, cut open top. Leave overnight or as long as you can. Friend who restores old cars gave me this tip. Charcoal absorbs the odors, he used to use coffee but too expensive now

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 16, 2017
    Try damp rid packets under the seats. They can be purchased at the Dollar store .