I can’t seem to get the crusty ring around my toilet.

+15
We have very hard water. I clean weekly with bleach and sometimes pinesol. I have tried the majic eraser and CLR but can’t remove the ring on the porcelin.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 09, 2017
    Try a pumice stone

• John Systermans John Systermans on Dec 09, 2017
    we had very hard water we ended up to replace than even trying to clean it

• William William on Dec 09, 2017
    Try this. With hard water may need to sit a little longer. I squeeze a few squirts of Dawn dish liquid in the toilet. Then pour about 1/3 bottle of vinegar. You can use more. Use a a toilet brush and swish around to foam it up. Let it sit for about an hour or two. Then I swish around with the toilet brush again lightly scrubbing. Flush. The suds suspend the vinegar above the water line dissolving the toilet ring. Repeat if necessary.

• Kay Lilland Kay Lilland on Dec 09, 2017
    Buy a pumice stick; soak the tip of it in oil for 10 minutes; rub gently on the stains.

• SandyG SandyG on Dec 09, 2017
    Once the hard water builds up, it is so hard to get off. You can get a pumice stone to use on the toilet. Use as directed and it might help.

• Van27708215 Van27708215 on Dec 09, 2017
    I had the same problem with a bathroom toilet in the basement which was rarely used and flushed. I had to buy muriatic acid ( sp.??) and it took forever, but got it off. It was bad to start too. Each day, I did a little more elbow grease on it. I needed it for too many houseguests.

• Jo Apodaca Jo Apodaca on Dec 09, 2017
      I believe it. I’ve also tried Coca Cola and vinegar/baking soda... no luck. May need to resort to stronger method as you suggest. Thanks much!

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 09, 2017
    Yeah once that lime builds up at the water line, its hard to get rid off. Here is how I do my clients, I pour a bottle of CLR in the bowl at bedtime to raise the water line high enough to cover the lime deposit. Let sit overnight, and in the morning scrub with Bar Keeper's Friend. You may have to repeat if its really built up.... I buy the CLR at the Dollar Tree. Get a bottle of Lime Away also at the Dollar Tree, and put a bit in each day and let soak between flushes.

• Jo Apodaca Jo Apodaca on Dec 09, 2017
      Thank you very much Sharon. Hey we have a family friend living in Florence...Tracy Foust. He’s been a friend for so long...well over 45 years, he’s almost like family. Beautiful town!

• Janice Janice on Dec 09, 2017
    Try a can of coke and 2 Tbls baking soda swish together in bowl let set 30 min then flush.

• Jo Apodaca Jo Apodaca on Dec 09, 2017
      Have tried something similar with vinegar and baking soda but not the Coke and soda. Will try it too. Thanks!

• Jo Apodaca Jo Apodaca on Dec 10, 2017
    Will do, Janet. Many thanks!