I have the old fashioned ceramic tiles-need a DIY for cleaning

+6
I cannot afford professional cleaning...I have done everything I know to do...anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance
  • Mrs19468279 Mrs19468279 on Jun 10, 2017
    If you find the answer to this,please let me know!!!!!

• Sharon Tharp Sharon Tharp on Jun 10, 2017
    is it the tile or the grout?

• Cheri Cheri on Jun 10, 2017
    Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge. It will clean the tile and also clean the soap scum off the glass door. for the grout, Clorox water and an old tooth brush.

• Kay Harrell Kay Harrell on Jun 10, 2017
      I happen to have a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser....thanks so much....I will try that.

• Bonnie Torre Bonnie Torre on Jun 10, 2017
    Have you tried bleach and if it's the grout let it sit on there a while.

• Patricia Patricia on Jun 10, 2017
    I had to clean tiles on a rental and used Soft Scrub and a sponge (one side was sponge the other "scrubby"). Apply Soft Scrub to a dampened sponge and scrub away. Gently at first then more pressure as needed. The rental was very dirty, so I had to repeat the process a few times, but eventually it came out looking great. Good luck!

I have used bleach, its not the grout, it's the tile itself....I have not let it set...I will try that, thanks so much...they just look so ucky....I would replace them if I could afford it...thanks again

• Liz Liz on Jun 10, 2017
    Kay, it depends on what exactly is on the tile, to best decide how to remove it. We had a rental that had years of built up soap scum, & nothing would remove it, not even a brush on a power drill. My husband got a wide razor blade paint scraper cheap from Walmart, & went over each tile with it. Amazing!! Layers of waxy gunk just came right off. Then we were able to clean the tile to look like new. This also works on fiberglass that has built up soap scum. ( Be careful if you use a razor blade paint scraper.)

• Kay Harrell Kay Harrell on Jun 11, 2017
    thanks, I am going to try it all...this is throughout the house...and its the old heavy ceramic...if I could I would remove it...everyone that sees it says, oh I love that tile, I tell them....well if you will take it up...you can have it...lol...thanks again