Is there a way to get rid of the Ring around a toilet?

+15
is there anyway to get the ring in the toilet removed?
q ring around a toilet
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 06, 2017
    Use a pummice stone

• Dot Jones Dot Jones on Jun 06, 2017
    put a can of coke in

• LibraryKAT LibraryKAT on Jun 06, 2017
    Yes, use a pumice stone. I had my husband round the edges of the 'stone' and it works better against the curve of the toilet bowl.

The stone isn't for stains, but for the build up of minerals from your water. We're on well and I get a white/clear build up. The stone works fine. :-)

• Joe Waleski Joe Waleski on Jun 06, 2017
    100 grit wet/dry sanding paper will also work.

It may take a little longer but it is effective. Usually 2 sheets wild handle the job. I'd suggest you do a decontamination of the bowl with some bleach. The bowl is going to be within inches of your face and you will be breathing.

• Marlene June Haas Marlene June Haas on Jun 06, 2017
    I use a product called CLR. It removes the mineral build up that causes the ring. Pour some product directly on the stain and use one of the scrubbing pads made for toilets. This will take care of the build up.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 06, 2017
    No, no, no! Don't scrub the enamel with harsh scrubbers! It just scrapes the enamel off for more grit to get in.
    Sno-Bol gets it perfectly clean in one fell swoop! It is the best ever. Not always easy to find, Way-Mart used to carry it but don't now. Public has it and probably others. You just squirt it around the edge and the ring, wait 15 minutes, brush around with the toilet brush a little and it looks brand new! Sometimes takes a second round, but you end up with a spotlessly clean toilet!!! It is amazing!!

• David Marcia Albrecht David Marcia Albrecht on Jun 06, 2017
      Thank you-- I used that many years ago before I got married-- and it did work on iron stains-- I'm going to look fipor it at Publix

run vinegar through he tank,then put vinegar in the bowl followed by baking soda and repeat the pumice stone

• Kathy James-Spitzer Kathy James-Spitzer on Jun 06, 2017
    empty water out of bowl section and fill with straight vinegar..let stand overnight or at least several hours...should take it right off.

• KathyJb KathyJb on Jun 06, 2017
    Barkeepers Friend. It makes my toilet sparkle.

• Tricia Tricia on Jun 06, 2017
    I haven't tried this, but I heard pouring in a can of diet cola and baking soda does the trick. It bubbles up and cleans it right up, so I've been told.

• Danisehoyos Danisehoyos on Jun 09, 2017
    Twice per week and before I go to bed I spray the walls of the bowl with Clorox, it works perfectly.