How do I clean pieces of glass?

+1

We found several pieces of heavy clear glass that were stored in a barn for many years. Because of their interesting octagon shape, we had hoped to frame them for pictures. We have tried many cleaners (commercial & home remedies) but they will not come clean! Any ideas?

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 24, 2019

Polishing compound found in an auto department. Great product for many projects.

• Beverly Beverly on Jan 24, 2019

Not sure if it will work but I love my Danny Duzit. You can buy on Amazon. I use that little thing on everything. It doesn't scratch my cooktop stove so I think it would work well on the glass.

• J J on Jan 25, 2019

Try Oxyclean soak. Or Dawn soak. If you have a wading pool or bin or tub for warm water. Do one at a time for safety or cushion in layers. I would scrub as a last resort because of potential for scratching. If you do scrub, use something made to be safe on glass. Good luck, old glass is lovely. Probably years of old grease. Shampoo can clean and shine once the heavy grime is removed. Use gloves for safety. Good luck!

• Kathleen Kathleen on Jan 25, 2019

Thank you all, for your suggestions. I originally had such confidence that I ordered custom-made frames for all the glass pieces. Imagine my disappointment when they wouldn’t come clean.  Now i’m quite anxious to try your ideas!