What can I apply to water marked areas of my old hardwood floors?

+7
I’m old and forgetful......like when I get in the tub to soak I forget I left a faucet running in the nearby lavatory.........I might need to mention that I don’t bath with my overpriced hearing aids in-head and perhaps caused my accidents.
We also have in house security systems that scamper about on their short little wiener dog legs.........who are the least house broken critters on the planet, and leave little puddles for us to clean up.
Between the four of us, the floors aren’t long for this world.
I'm hoping that there is a polish or something to aid in hiding the damage until redoing the floors..............with some new fourth generation stain and ceil.
q what can i apply to water marked areas of my old hardwood floors
  • Acc24642655 Acc24642655 on Dec 28, 2017
    i fixed mine with Liquid Gold. It is near the furniture polish at Wal Mart.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 28, 2017
    Please, train your dogs!! There is no reason they can't be trained! The urine sinks between the boards and you will never get it out. With repeated peeing in a certain area, the wood will turn black. Nature's Miracle helps with the smell. I'd clean with Murphy's Oil Soap.

• Nikki Nikki on Dec 29, 2017
    I always had good luck with mayonnaise rubbing it in really good on white water marks on my wood furniture, and if the white marks were really stubborn and that didn't work the heat from a hairdryer works well too.

• See 1 previous
    • Nikki Nikki on Dec 30, 2017
      You're very welcome! I recently had a table given to me that had been in storage for 2yrs and there were several white spots that had been there for quite a while and I laid down a white towel and went over it with my iron on the steam setting and it took it all out. I am sure one of those methods will fix it.

• Sim29444993 Sim29444993 on Dec 30, 2017
    Might be off base here, but how long did the water run? Did it soak inbetween boards?
    If yes, you might want to have a mold test professional check to make sure you don't have mold growing under your floor. (He can do it with a moisture meter or air quality test.)
    I could be wrong. Don’t mean to scare you, just want you to be safe! Blessings.