What is the best way to clean laminate floors

+2
our floors have a lot of scratches and water stains. Have tried several ways to get them to look good but nothing seems to work. We can’t afford new floors. HELP

• Pat Pat on Dec 27, 2017
    I use white vinegar in a spray bottle...spray and mop with a terry cloth towel. When done, go over floor with dry towel to dry the floor. Mine have a nice clean shine to them.

• Harleyron74 Harleyron74 on Dec 27, 2017
    Laminate floors are made by taking cheap waste wood products and glueing a picture of expensive wood over it. Then a top coat of plastic is applied over it. Once the plastic coating is worn off the wood picture or decal, for lack of a better term, It's game over. The only thing you can do is sweep and mop it with laminate cleaner and use it until you can't stand looking at it any longer. I have some that's 5 year's old and looks terrible. It's supposed to have a 20 year warranty but apparently it only applies if you never remove the original packaging and store it in a dry closet.

• I use Bona products with decent results. Most people use harsh cleaning agents (without realizing), which ruins the flooring. I have a lot of pets and mop the floor every night.

• Gail Gail on Dec 28, 2017
    I use Lundmark Acrylic Floor Finish on my vinyls & laminates. It does give them a nice shine & is none yellowing.

Clean floor with "warm" water & leave no soap residues on floor, let dry, apply the Acrylic Floor Finish 1 or 2 coats, allow it to completely dry before walking on it. This will do what I think you're wanting to achieve.

I buy the Lundmark Acrylic Floor Finish from Amazon. Comes in gallon size (size I buy) & I think quart size too.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Dec 28, 2017
    Vinegar is the way to go- it does the trick and is chemical free!