What's the best way to clean silverplated flatware?

+1
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 18, 2017
    All that is silver-plated is not silver. Unless you bought it or picked it out yourself, it's hard to figure out how much silver you are dealing with. I have most of a set of silverware from one of my grandmothers. My mother found most of it outside in the dirt where the chickens were fed food scraps. Mother treasured it, and so have I. But when I was polishing it one day, I saw the fine print and saw it was 10% silver plate. Since so many pieces are bent, scratched or the silver had worn off, my silver treasure is worth almost nothing. It will go into a garage sale when I die, I guess. I still like silver polish in the jar and cleaning by hand, even if the silver pieces aren't "worth" it. Best wishes 😇

• William William on Jun 18, 2017
    I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish tends to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel)and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, sneakers, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

http://www.hometalk.com/29244478/q-cleaning-siver

How can I clean silver?

• Christiana Sands Christiana Sands on Jun 19, 2017
    Milk , lemon jiuce , baking soda . Mix all' toghether and just put It in the silver player . Leave It there a fare moments and rinse