What's the best way to get rid of tarnished silverware.

+3
This tarnish occurred from the dishwasher.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2018
    Try plain white toothpaste

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jan 05, 2018
    first never wash real Silver in the dishwasher. Silver must be cleaned periodicall. Air makes the silver tarnish. when you use it. Wash by hand. Dry by hand and put in an airtight box or container.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jan 05, 2018
    Although they say not to put real sterling in the dishwasher, I have been doing it for 30 years with no problems. Mine does not get tarnished. Stored in a silver box. Silver plate is a lot more delicate. Get some silver polish and hope for the best.

• William William on Jan 05, 2018
    I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish and dips tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel)and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Cyndee Cyndee on Jan 06, 2018
    Use aluminum foil as container put in baking soda then add hot water and let sit for 10-15 minutes Repeat if needed then wash with soapy water and dry

• Debbie Finney Sutton Debbie Finney Sutton on Jan 08, 2018
    a paste of Vodka and Ketchup. I remember seeing it years ago on a British cleaning show. Use a microfiber cloth and rinse, buff to shine with another dry cloth.