Whats easiest way to clean off baked-on food fro old cookie sheets?

+3
  • Samantha Valentine Samantha Valentine on Jan 07, 2018
    If you have a pan big enough to submerge them, boil in water, then add bicarbonate of soda, leave to stand until coll and repeat if necessary - works really well and doesn't involve anything poisonous or expensive.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 07, 2018
    Hi Samantha,
    Another way is to put baking soda ( bicarbonate of soda in some other countries) on the baking sheet then spray or pour on some hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for a few hours. Then wipe off or scrub the cookie sheets. I do this, but I also found a link below that you can click on for more information. Wishing you the best.

• 19698379 19698379 on Jan 07, 2018
    Sprinkle baking soda, a squirt of dish soap, and a little vinegar.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 08, 2018
    I find using a steel brillo pad helps get off the grime as well

• V Valencia V Valencia on Jan 08, 2018
    The method I used for getting old grime off oven racks was to emerge them in very hot water and add a few dryer sheets and let them soak overnight. I was shocked how well this worked. I used the bathtub since I don't have anything else that would allow me to completely emerge the racks. I placed an old towel on the bottom of the tub so the racks wouldn't scratch the bottom of the tub. The next day all you have to do is rub the grime away! My oven racks look brand new. I think this would work as well for your baking sheets as the other methods mentioned here.