How can I clean foggy build up off my drinking glasses?

+1
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Nov 05, 2019

Soak in white cleaning vinegar.

Note that if it's from a dishwasher it's possible they are etched rather than just foggy but vinegar is an expensive way to see.

Once you have them clean, if you use a dishwasher add 1 drop of blue Dawn to the detergent before you run a cycle. Also, give your dishwasher a good cleaning.

• Sue Sanders Sue Sanders on Nov 05, 2019

Wash with dishsoap water and scrub to remove the fog. Then use only "Finish" pods for the washing cycle and "finish liquid" for the rinse dispenser. I did this and it really works to maintain clear glasses. I too was upset and embarrassed of the fog. There was no etching on my glasses.

• Betsy Betsy on Nov 07, 2019

Hi Jennifer: T o figure out if your glasses have fogged up because of your water, soak a small dish towel or rag in a small amount of white vinegar and wipe the glass with the cloth. If the glass is no longer cloudy, then the cloudiness was caused by hard water build up.

Fill a pot with equal parts vinegar and water. Soak your cloudy glassware in the vinegar solution: Put your cloudy glassware in the solution and let the pieces soak for about 30 minutes. Test one of the glasses for cloudiness: Take one of the glasses out of the solution and give it a rinse.

Here's what Martha Stewart has to say about them:

https://www.marthastewart.com/273273/cleaning-cloudy-glasses

Good luck