How do I clean kitchen cabinets?

+4

I have white kitchen cabinets which are getting that sticky film on them around handles and those closest to stove. I wipe them down almost every week, but that stickiness seems to come back, what is the best thing to clean them with that will not harm the finish?

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 07, 2019

I'd clean well with a powered cleanser to get off the grease and whatever is on the cabinets around the handles. Once that is done, wipe down the handles and doors frequently with a vinegar/water mix in a spray bottle. The handles and doors are getting sticky from whatever is on your hands when you open the cabinets. I make wiping the cabinet doors and handles part of my daily cleaning routine after doing the dishes so I seldom have to do a deep cleaning there.

• Mix vinegar and water - 50/50 and spray on the cabinets. Wipe with a cloth or sponge.

• Mary Mary on Jan 07, 2019

I use Murphy's oil soap. You can find at Walmart or DIY stores. Hope this helps

• Lisa Lisa on Jan 08, 2019

Clean with mean green, different than simple green. Tough grease spots come out with WD-40!

• Betty Betty on Jan 08, 2019

Hi I like Murphy oil soap myself. .works for me .

• Debra Kawaller Debra Kawaller on Jan 09, 2019

I’m a Lestoil fanatic. I use it for those tough grease stains around the knobs. Just be careful as it is strong. I also clean my stainless steel knobs by taking them off and soaking in warm water with Lestoil. No scrubbing necessary and they come out great.