How can I clean my front steps? They are brick, flag stone and cement

+3
They are stained. I bought some brick cleaner but it did nothing.

• Eileen B. Eileen B. on Jun 16, 2018
    There is a product called 30 second cleaner that you use with a pressure washer. I know it is available in Canada at Home Hardware, Canadian Tire and I think Home Depot. Check with Home Depot or Lowes.

• Tommi L. Perkins Tommi L. Perkins on Jun 16, 2018
    Mix Bleach with water 1bleach/3water. spray liberally on area, let soak for 30 min. Spray again if it still has dirt in it. Wait a while. Power wash.

• William William on Jun 16, 2018
    This is for cleaning concrete. Something should work.

WD-40. Did a leaky oil pan leave a big ugly spot in the middle of your concrete driveway? To get rid of an unsightly oil spot, just spray it with a generous amount of WD-40 and then hose it down with water.

Soda (Coca Cola). Here’s how to remove oil stains from concrete drive-ways and garage floors: Gather up a small bag of cat litter, a few cans of cola, a stiff bristle broom, bucket, laundry detergent, bleach, eye protection, and rubber gloves. Cover the stain with a thin layer of cat litter and brush it in. Sweep up the litter and pour cola to cover the area. Work the cola in with a bristle broom, and leave the cola for about twenty minutes. Mix 1/4 cup laundry detergent with 1/4 cup bleach in 1 gallon (3.7 liters) warm water and use it to mop up the mess.

Oven Cleaner. Get those unsightly grease, oil, and transmission fluid stains off your concrete driveway or garage floor. Spray them with Easy Off No Fume Oven Cleaner in the BLUE can. Let it settle for 5-10 minutes, then scrub with a stiff brush and rinse it off with your garden hose at its highest pressure. Severe stains may require a second application.

Kool-Aid. Nasty rust stains on your concrete? Mix unsweetened lemonade Kool-Aid with hot water. Scrub and the rust stain should come right out.

Baking Soda. Salt and commercial ice-melt formulations can stain — or actually eat away — the concrete around your house. For an effective, but completely innocuous, way to melt the ice on your steps and walkways during those cold winter months, try sprinkling them with generous amounts of baking soda. Add some sand for improved traction.

Ammonia. Tired of those annoying discolorations on your concrete work? To get rid of them, scrub with 1 cup ammonia diluted in 1 gallon (3.7 liters) water. Hose it down well when you’re done.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on Jun 16, 2018
    Try pressure washing.

• Julio Russi Julio Russi on Jun 16, 2018
    I used a 3,000 psi presure washer ( rent ted from Home Depot ) . There is a clear sealer to help it stay cleaner .