Longevity of vinyl fence?

+2
Warping, fading, keeping clean

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 09, 2018
    If given proper treatment, there’s no reason vinyl fencing will not last 20 to 30 years, and you may find that many vinyl fences come with lifetime warranties. Even in high-traffic areas, you will find vinyl that fencing, if given the proper care and not accidentally damaged, could even outlive the siding on your house.

• Ann Ann on Jul 09, 2018
    I’ve had mine with no problems for 15 yrs. so far. Every few yrs. I oower wash it ot wipe it down with a mix of 1/3. Bleach to 1 water. I know a raccoon scratched it trying to get in but other than that, even the deer haven’t bothered to jump over it. My advice is make sure you get it from a known mfr and installer.

• Mad29883817 Mad29883817 on Jul 09, 2018
    powerwashing and using mildew remover should keep like new

• Depends on the company and their warranty, the quality of the original product and your climate. Constant freeze and thaw will make it brittle. Consequently, in blazing hot sun, the same thing will happen, over time, becomes brittle and can crack. Keeping clean is easy, and why they are so popular. Completely depends on your location and application. They do look pretty!

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 09, 2018

Hi there Jeff,

I have White Picket Fencing around my home and it keeps well. I have had it for 3 years now and all it requires from time to time is a hose down. If it was badly marked I would use soapy water and a sponge (does no damage to plants) or Vinyl Fence and Patio Furniture cleaner...........I bought it because I wanted no maintenance!