What size power washer is best for DIY outdoor tasks?

+2
I need to power wash my deck to prepare it for staining, it has old stain on it as well as some spots that are green like moss. I need something strong enough to clean this off. I would also like to use it for cleaning gutters and our large blacktopped driveway. Recommendations,
please.
  • Scott G. Quinn Scott G. Quinn on Jun 08, 2017
    There are low pressure washers sold at the home centers which might suit your needs. Some are electric or gas powered. If your deck has green moss a cleaning solution of one gallon of water to a 1/4 cup of house hold bleach with small portion of dishwashing soap mixed together. Wet deck and apply the cleaning solution and scrub with deck brush. Then rinse. Only use this solution if you have no fruit or veggies next to the deck. Wear PPE.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 08, 2017
    You can rent one from Home Depot for a job like this. http://www.homedepot.com/c/pressure_washer_equipment_rental

• Coniferguy Coniferguy on Jun 08, 2017
    Power washers have various degrees of power provided. If renting, ask counter person which would be best for the job you want to do. Also various tips. It can get complicated seeing the multiple jobs you have in mind. Good luck.

• Rou22857012 Rou22857012 on Jun 13, 2017
    I had the same issues. I bought "GreenWorks GPW2002 13 amp 2000 PSI 1.2 GPM" from Amazon for $83.00 and it works great. It is electric but you don't have to worry about cranking it LOL. I power washed my decks, fence and the vinyl siding. It is not as powerful as a gasoline but easier to use and store. Good luck.

• Andrea Williamson Andrea Williamson on Jun 13, 2017
    Sounds good to me, thank you!