Looking for Cleaning tips?

• Carol Jean Ferguson Carol Jean Ferguson on Jun 17, 2018
    Best cleaning solution for laminate or other floors: 1 gal water, 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 lg squirts Dawn dish liquid. I pour into my Libman tank mop. Works great for cleaning bathrooms too.

• Here are a bunch from all the clever Hometalkers!

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Cleaning%20tips

I use vinegar for almost everything, from countertops to toilets to Windows!

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 17, 2018
    No house is always clean, there only people who drive themselves nuts trying to keep it clean! It took me almost 60 years to realize this!!! As I cruise toward 80, I realize I am doing not much worse than when I was 20-40 cleaning for a family or when 50-70 working full time at a busy job)

HINT: Pick up and clean constantly in the common areas...kitchen, den, bathrooms, porches...and get to the rest of it on a regularly scheduled "cleaning Saturday" when everyone pitches in. Finish one room at a time, close the door and move too the other room.
    A few of my favorite cleaning items: (NOTE: Keep cleaning sprays handy in kitchen and all bathrooms so you can easily keep area cleaner...not that "I'll get the cleaner and do this tomorrow thought)

...Swiffer Duster - they pick up everything. Get several...one in common area and one for bedrooms area.
    ...409 spray- cleans woodwork, grease, etc.
    ...Clorox Kitchen Spray - disinfects...use in kitchen and bathrooms
    ...Glass cleaning spray - For small jobs, a squirt and a wipe with your towel...for big jobs, open bottle and wet down your cleaning cloth, don't wear yourself out pumping that sprayer! Then wipe down glass and use a dry cloth.
    ...broom and dust pan - people have gotten so hooked on gadgets they forget how easy it is to sweep up a floor.
    ...Get a BONA mop that has thick washable pads. I mop with a slightly wet one and then dry floor with a dry one. (look this up online)

And don't forget to pour yourself a cup of coffee or lemonade and take a break about every hour on cleaning day.