Does anyone know how to prevent blossom roit organically?

+2
  • Lad9884410 Lad9884410 on Dec 29, 2017
    I meant to say blossom riot on tomatoes organically

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 29, 2017
    End blossom rot is due to a few missing minerals...magnesium, and calcium. Epsom salt is magnesium, lime is calcium. My maters get a table spoon of epsom salt, and a half cup of lime when the tomato blossems are beginning to set.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Dec 29, 2017
    adding calcium to your soil may help. I crush egg shells and add them, along with coffee grounds, to my soil when I til and have not had this problem

• Minerals are needed, especially calcium. Save eggs shells, dry and crush, add to the soil around the tomato plant. Bananna peels also have minerals - dug them into the soil too. Special fertilizor that contains minerals can be found at Home Depot and Lowes but you will need to keep adding them at intervals. Also, keep plants evenly watered (better not to skip days and then drown the plants because watering problems can cause this problem.)