How do I make my own fabric softener

+2
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 14, 2017
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=diy%20fabric%20softener

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 14, 2017
    What is your question about fabric softener?

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 14, 2017
    I've heard of several ways some will dilute the the store softener and soak pieces of sponges in the solution, and put them in the dryer with the clothes.
    most washing machines have a dispenser built in. some will put white vinegar in the dispenser to soften the clothes,

google make my own dryer sheets

• I no longer use fabric softener - to many chemicals. Use a free and clear detergent, toss in a couple heaping tablespoons of baking soda and use white vinegar in the fabric softener cup. Then in the dryer, use felted wool dryer balls. It might take a few washes, but all your clothes will come out clean, soft and fluffy, and baking soda and vinegar is much cheaper than all the commercial chemical products.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Dec 14, 2017
    Here's a recipe for home made fabric softener: Directions
    1. Mix 1 Cup of vinegar, and 1 Cup of hair conditioner and water to fill a 1 gallon container; stir. Do not shake it; it will cause foaming.
    Use the same amount you normally use in a rinse cycle or spritz it on a wash cloth and throw in dryer