How to remove candlewax?

+3

I have many candles and there are several that I would like to use when they are finished for storage (office supplies, bathroom supplies, etc. ) What's the best way to remove all the wax?

Thank you.

• Put them in the freezer, Rosemary.

• Sally Becker Sally Becker on Jan 27, 2019

I take that little metal thing holding the wick out & then i just nuke it or put it in the oven on low until it melts and pour it out there will be residue on the sides. Melt that a tad & wipe it out before it cools. It is a process but I have done this, it works for me. You may have to scrape some of the last bits of residue.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jan 27, 2019

I do what Sally Becker does remove metal wick holder and melt slowly in microwave dump out wipe well with paper towels or newspaper then wash with boiling or really hot water and some Dawn dish soap this cuts any residue left on glass you could also do this in double boiler type set up on top of stove

• Heat or cold does the trick. I usually place mine in a sink full of hot water. They pop right out.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Sep 04, 2021

Scrape off excess wax. Lay a damp, lint-free white cloth over the wax and apply medium heat with an iron; the wax will adhere to the cloth. Use rubbing alcohol to remove residue. Or freeze the wax with an ice pack, then shatter the frozen clump with a blunt object, like the handle of a kitchen utensil.

• Deb K Deb K on Sep 12, 2021

Hello, I fill the sink with hot water then pour and wipe to clean them as well.