Will Kiltz cover up skunk odor in concrete?

+3
  • 27524803 27524803 on Jul 08, 2018
    Have you tried using something like tomato juice and just letting it set... it needs to be on there long enough for the acid to counteract the pheromone in the skunk spray....
    I also did a quick Google Search: how to remove skunk odor from concrete... there was some information there

• Dee Dee on Jul 08, 2018

Nope will not work. Get a good cleaner degreaser and clean with a hose of power washer. Then get some vinegar or citrus cleaner and clean again. Let dry completely. If it still stinks Begin by mixing one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda and one teaspoon of dish detergent within a container and add two gallons of water. Proceed to pour this foaming mixture over the surface of the concrete making sure that area affected area of the concrete is left untouched. After the solution has had 15 minutes to settle in, spray the surface down with a hose to remove all of the chemicals from the concrete. As a note of precaution, the hydrogen peroxide within this solution can potential have some bleaching effects and this solution is not recommended on colored slabs of concrete.

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 08, 2018

I doubt it. Here is a recipe I've seen on several articles... Begin by mixing one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of baking soda and one teaspoon of dish detergent within a container and add two gallons of water. Proceed to pour this foaming mixture over the surface of the concrete making sure that area affected area of the concrete is left untouched. And it should be Dawn detergent cause the skunk oil is oily. I would put a hose around it to keep it where you want it.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jul 08, 2018
    Tomato juice neutralizes skunk odor, if you want to try that first. It would take a large can for a small area and let it soak. After that, Kilz may work, it is good about most odors I know. I have never used it for skunk odor.