How do I clean window blinds the best way?

We have a new house with new blinds on every window...They have white slats that are

2 inches wide. They are not real wood to my knowledge. I have heard that washing them in the

tub weakens the cords...Currently, all I do is close the blinds, and run a cloth with cleaner on it

vertically down. I have seen the trick of covering tongs with a cloth and securing that with say,

a rubber band...That seems to get both sides. But, I am wondering what else might work.

• Em Em on Jan 20, 2019

Water will not weaken the cords. That makes no sense. I have been doing mine in the tub for 30 years. It is so much easier. Have a helper. Get someone to hold the blind up and another spray. Wipe with a sponge or rag while the slats are down (closed). Let drip in the tub until most of the water is gone then dab with an old towel. A few drops of dish soap in a bucket of water is all you need. Wet first, wipe, rinse dab dry.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 20, 2019

Buy an inexpensive pair of cotton gloves and use your fingers as cleaners between the slats. Spray the fingers with Windex and wipe.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 20, 2019

All I Use is my swifter monthly horizontally and reverse directions of blinds to get both sides. All they get is dusty so no need to wash them unless you smoke or have them in a kitchen to get greasy.