Do I clean my window blinds before or after window installation?

+2

We are getting new windows soon, the blinds need to be cleaned, do I clean them now or after the installation? Thank-You for the help.Elaine

• After. The window installation will get them dusty.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 29, 2018

Elaine, wash them now. When your new windows are installed and cleaned, you will be so happy to have the whole vision at once. Plus, if new windows mean any construction, the blinds will have to come down during the work. Will any dimensions change? If so, you can make the blinds shorter by removing extra slats from the bottom. If you need to make them wider, and don’t want to buy new ones, you can use a set of sheers at the sides of each window. Too wide? Trim them with good scissors or a small saw and use sandpaper. Need a new color? Paint them! Best wishes on your blinds and new windows. Take pictures and post on Hometalk! 😊

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Dec 29, 2018

I would clean them after because of dust

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 30, 2018

You will have to remove the blinds during the window install. Clean them in the bathtub while the windows are being installed.

• Elaine Herber Elaine Herber on Dec 30, 2018

thank-you