Window cleaner?

+14

any window cleaner homemade

• I’ve got a simple recipe of water, vinegar, and dish soap listed in my tips section that really works: https://www.flippingtheflip.com/p/tips.html

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 05, 2021

Hi Carol: Here's what I use:

To clean windows, glass and mirrors. Mix 2 ounces rubbing alcohol, 2 ounces of ammonia and 12 ounces of water. Add a drop of blue food coloring and mark it clearly to distinguish it from other cleaners. Pour into a spray bottle and use as you would a store-bought cleaner.

Or, this also works for me: Put 1/4 cup of white vinegar in a 16 oz spray bottle and fill the rest up with water. Shake well. Use the solution to wash your windows with terry type bath towels, or if you have old newspapers, they’ll help you achieve streak-free results. I'm not a fan of the newspaper as the ink isn't what it used to be and I think it leaves marks.

Also, here's a tip I learned from my mom years ago. Wipe one side, like the inside, from side to side and the other side, like the outside, up and down. Then, if you have streaks, you can tell what side of the glass they are on :)

Hope this helped

• A cup of distilled water, 2-3 Tbsp. white vinegar, and 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 05, 2021

• 2 cups distilled water
    • 1/2 cup vinegar
    • 10 drops essential oil

Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and gently shake together. I used lemon for its clean, fresh scent, but you can can add whatever essentail oil you prefer.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 05, 2021

Here's my recipe:

• 1 cup rubbing alcohol (“surgical spirits” in the UK)
    • 1 cup distilled white vinegar
    • 3 drops dishwashing liquid
    • Empty spray bottle
    • Squeegee and microfiber cloth

• Just mix 1/4 cup white vinegar and half a teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Then dilute the solution together with two cups of water, mix it well by shaking the bottle. In case you don't have any vinegar available, lemon juice can serve as a substitute.

• Deb K Deb K on Dec 05, 2021

Hi Carol, in a spray bottle, add 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap and 2 cups of warm water, shake well to mix it up. Spray the entire pane of glass with this mixture and spread it around with a lint free cloth, then wipe off with a lint free micro fiber cloth

• Dee Dee on Dec 05, 2021

I use rubbing alcohol, and a few drops of dawn dishwasher detergent and water. The alcohol makes the glass shine. My friend buys cheap vodka and puts in some Dawn and swears by it.

• Janice Janice on Dec 06, 2021

I have great results with 1 cup of white distilled vinegar in one gallon of water. I also always wipe one side vertically and the other horizontally so you can see any streaks and know which side to redo. A good soft absorbent microfiber cloth is great the drying the glass......some microfibers are not as absorbent as others. If the windows are extremely dirty on the outside, I spray water first from a garden hose.

• Just mix 1/4 cup white vinegar together with a 1/2 teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Then dilute the solution with two cups of water, ensure to mix it properly. If you happen not to have white vinegar on hand, note that you can substitute in lemon juice.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 07, 2021

Here's what I use:

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/2 teaspoon blue dawn dish soap

2 cups warm water

Mix it up in a spray bottle. Do the cleaning with a microfiber cloth.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Dec 07, 2021

Here's the recipe I use:

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/4 teaspoon blue dawn dish soap

Put the above mixture in a spray bottle.

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://do-daddy.com

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 07, 2021

I used to clean with 50/50 vinegar and water but now I just clean with a super fine microfiber cloth and water, barely damp. The one that I have found that works best is a brand called SuperCloth.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Dec 10, 2021

Ingredients:

• 2 cups distilled water
    • 1/2 cup vinegar
    • 10 drops essential oil

Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and gently shake together. We used lemon for its clean, fresh scent, but you can use the essential oil of your choice.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 11, 2021

Vinegar and water.