DIY Halloween Witches Broom Decoration That Anyone Can Do!
Spray paint is such a wonderful product to use when crafting because of its diverse colors and simple ease of use. Let's change an ordinary broom into a fun Halloween decoration!
I love using COLORSHOT because of their slim cans and their propellant is derived from sugarcane (not petroleum). This paint can be found at The Home Depot or on their website at MyColorShot.com.
- COLORSHOT Premium Spray Paints (this project features Silver Lining, Black Tie Affair, Orange Slice)
- Straw broom
- Painter's tape
- Halloween ribbons
- Make sure your broom handles are clean and free of dust.
- Spray each with several light coats of Silver Lining, letting dry between coats.
- Once completely dry, wrap painter's tape in a spiral around each handle from top to bottom. For one of the brooms, spray several light coats of Orange Slice over the tape openings, letting dry between coats. When you are happy with the coverage, remove tape and let dry.
- Repeat on other broom with Black Tie Affair.
- Cover handles with protective plastic to protect from overspray, and spray straw portion of brooms with Black Tie Affair.
- Let dry then tie festive Halloween ribbons around the straw.
Make sure to check out my blog post here for more Halloween projects that anyone can do!