Crafting with the kiddos is one of my favorite things to do. My Dollar Tree Coffee Filter Fireworks are a quick and easy kids craft to make in just about 30 minutes. Create an explosively fun pattern on coffee filters with washable markers and a spritz of water to celebrate the Fourth of July.
Dollar Tree Coffee Filter Fireworks a FUN Kids Craft
Crafting with the Kiddos Dollar Tree Coffee Filter Fireworks
Here’s what you need to make a Kid-Friendly Firework:
- Coffee Filters – Dollar Tree
- Washable Markers; Blue and Red – Dollar Tree
- Glitter Glue Gold and Silver – Dollar Tree
- Jumbo Wooden Craft Sticks – Dollar Tree
- Chenille Stems in Silver and Gold – Dollar Tree
- Pom Poms in Red, Blue, Silver and Gold Tinsel – Dollar Tree
- Gallon Size Zipper Bag OR Metal Baking Sheet Pan – Dollar Tree
- Spray Bottle filled with water – Dollar Tree
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors – I love my Fiskars!
To begin the Dollar Tree Coffee Filter Fireworks, gather all supplies.
Flatten round coffee filters, and color in a variety of starburst style patterns with red and blue washable markers.
Place colored coffee filter on a gallon size zipper bag or metal baking sheet pan and then mist with water from a spray bottle. Set aside to dry. This is a great activity to do outside on a sunny day.
Trim the rounded ends from jumbo wooden craft sticks with scissors.
Color wooden craft sticks with red and blue washable markers in a variety of solids and fun patterns.
Cut silver and gold tinsel chenille stems in half and then in half again. Flip the craft stick over and attach the chenille stem to the top back with the glue gun and glue sticks. Glue tinsel pom pom to the end of the chenille stem, and then attach craft stick firework to the colored coffee filter. Bend chenille stem upwards.
Place fireworks back on the gallon size zipper bag or metal baking sheet pan. Draw long swirls from the center out with silver and gold glitter glue. Let dry completely.
Create these quick and easy Coffee Filter Fireworks with Dollar Tree supplies in just about 30 minutes with limited supplies! Look at the items around you to see what unique projects can be created with traditional materials. Celebrating the USA has never looked more kid-friendly.
This super fun Dollar Tree Coffee Filter Fireworks craft is fabulous to make with the little ones who might be afraid of traditional sparklers! Let them participate in the festivities without the stress. Bright and colorful patterns plus silver and gold accents are the perfect combinations to celebrate all Summer long! I would LOVE to see what you create, so tag me on social media.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Coffee Filters (Dollar Tree)
- Washable Markers (Dollar Tree)
- Plastic Zipper Bags (Dollar Tree)
- Spray Bottle (Dollar Tree)
- Wooden Craft Sticks (Dollar Tree)
- Glitter Glue (Dollar Tree)