Halloween Stenciled Doormat DIY
Halloween may only come once a year, but this easy stenciled doormat can be made to fit any season! That’s why I love it so much! I may be one of the only DIY enthusiasts out there that does not own a silhouette or a cricut machine. Yes, it’s true! So for this project, I had to improvise using some regular white chalk and chalk markers. It is one of the easiest diy projects ever and I hope you’ll try it for yourself…
SUPPLIES FOR STENCILED DOORMAT
- Plain ribbed doormat from Dollar Tree
- Rae Dunn Font
- Pair of witch’s legs from Dollar Tree
- Variety of white chalk pens
- White chalk
- Painter’s Tape
- Old pencil or flat edge
Step by Step Instructions for Stenciling with Chalk
- Print out your desired wording with your favorite font (bold print is best) onto regular printer paper. If you want larger letters, use one sheet of paper for a single letter or just a couple of letters at a time. Then combine them with tape for your project.
- Flip over your print out and begin going over the letters filling them in using your regular white chalk. You can lightly blow the excess off if it bothers you.
3.Flip back over your print out and place onto your doormat into desired position and secure with painters tape.
4.Go back over your letters with a flat edged tool, I used an old mechanical pencil without an eraser. Just firmly rub over the letters one at a time, trying to be sure to keep your paper in its original position.
5.Remove your paper and the lettering should be left behind by the chalk. Go back over your design with your favorite chalk markers until your desired result is reached.
This was quick, fun and easy. The three ingredients to a great DIY project. I added a spider and a spider web freehand with my chalk markers. It’s supposed to be a fun project, so just get creative with it and make it your own.
Don’t forget to add your witch’s legs underneath the mat for an added spooky effect! You can cut the ring off and glue them to the back of your mat in any position you desire.
**P.S. Please join us over on our Facebook Page to see more fun shopping trips “Live”.
If you missed how I made the stenciled buffalo check mat underneath, that tutorial is here.