Bottle of salt water keeps pet water bowl from freezing

+3
I misplaced the article. Repeat, please

• Trangler2 Trangler2 on Jan 06, 2018
    If it's THAT cold outside, why not bring pet in? At least to garage. Would YOU want to drink salty water? Not a good thing. Good luck.

• Pwh12490390 Pwh12490390 on Jan 06, 2018
      Reply to Trangler2...Sorry I did not make this request clearer.
      The salt water is placed in a soda bottle and laid into the water dish. Since salt water won't freeze, this helps to keep the water in the container from freezing, too.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 06, 2018
    Yes - if it is cold enough for the dog's water to freeze - Bring the dog inside! Here, animal control could be called for animal cruelty.

• Marcia Kranick Knowles Marcia Kranick Knowles on Jan 06, 2018
    Why would u keep a "pet"outside if its cold enough for water to freeze? would u stay outside that long? U would be arrested for Animal Cruelty in Tennessee.

• Donna Chambers Donna Chambers on Jan 06, 2018
    This tip could be useful for those who care for feral or outside cats - those who prefer to be outdoors and who cannot be tamed to become "pets."

• Sun Sun on Nov 12, 2019

We live in a rural area and my big red dog is a wild dog that I've fed for 15 years he won't even come in the house and I've tried he's just a outside dog. I'll tell you this though he is tough as nails. BTW to those who rush to judgement think about it, if a person cares enough to figure out a way to combat the outside water bowl freezing then most likely they aren't abusing the animal.