Cat litter boxes

+2
  • Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Jun 28, 2018
    I made an easy one for my XL 20 pound cat from a large tote. I just cut a round hole in one end using an exacto knife. The hole was made 4 inches above the bottom of the tote. There is plenty room, the lid makes it super easy to clean, it holds 20 pounds of litter and by laying a small shaggy bath mat in front of the opening there is no mess from his paws tracking out tiny bits of litter.

• Yup, I have 3 of them for 6 cats. No hiding those! They live in the garage and I have a cat door from the house to the garage.

How can we help you hide yours?

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 28, 2018
    okay, I have 3 cats...and 6 litter boxes. Is kitty not using them? Kitty might have a urinary infection. Doing lots of licking between the back legs? Take to vet. Did you change litter type? There pellets made of old news print, and corn cobs have made into kitty litter. If the litter has too strong a smell...ie perfume, some won’t use it. If you need to Chang litter type, mix it in the usual stuff , and gradually work so there’s more néw with the next changes. Litter boxes here at my place have the litter changed weekly. I put baking soda in the bottom of the lined kittylitter box to help with odors. If company comes over, I have the boxes under a table and I put the table skirt on it. The clumping stuff? My group didn’t like it, and if you flush your scoopings, it may clog your pipes. some cats want a covered litter box, others don’t.

• Dfm Dfm on Jun 28, 2018
    Ps. I have a 1gallon mini shop vac I use to vacuum up scattered litter..only thing it’s used for.