I love easy, but cute decorations. And this summer popsicle banner is one of the easiest party decor ideas you can make!
Easy Popsicle Banner
If you can glue things together, you can make this popsicle party banner, LOL!
Display this super cute summer popsicle banner in a variety of ways, including:
- Birthday party
- Ice Cream party
- Fourth of July
- Pool party
- Fireplace mantle
- Living room decor
- Unused cleaning sponges in assorted colors, rectangle (you could use any type of sponge, these are old-school type of sponges that aren't as easy to be found online, but could be found in stores)
- Large wood popsicle sticks
- String, yarn, or ribbon of choice
- Hot glue and glue gun
1. Begin by lining up the sponges so you know what pattern you want them to hang in.
2. Add a dab of glue to the back of each sponge, in the same spot, so the wood craft stick will hang evenly.
3. Press the wood craft stick to the glue and hold in place until dry and secure. Repeat, until each of your sponge popsicles has a stick in place.
4. Lay each of the popsicle sponges out in a line so you can be sure when you apply the string for hanging you apply it evenly.
5. Add a dab of glue to the top/backside of the sponge popsicles and press the string/yarn of choice to it. Hold in place until secure.
6. Repeat until you have glued string to all of the popsicles. Allow to dry. Cut off any additional string you don’t need.