Check out this cotton wreath DIY. If you’re looking for a cute summer wreath idea, why not make this farmhouse cotton wreath for your door? Adding a wreath to your front door makes your home look more welcoming to guests
Cotton Boll Wreath
This farmhouse cotton wreath is a very simple wreath you can make with DIY faux cotton stems. Of course, if you have real cotton bolls available, you can substitute those as well.
Really, you can use it any time of year and just change up the colors of the bows, ribbons, and accessories you use with it. Or, keep it plain like this one for a simpler look.
Because this isn’t weatherproof, it’s really best to hang it inside in an entryway or on a door that’s protected. Exposure to the elements like wind, rain. and snow will destroy it.
- Wrap the pearl grapevine or ivy garland around the wreath 3 times in the center. Or, use one that comes with the garland like I did.
- Cut it with the wire cutters.
- Weave it in between the grapevine sticks on the wreath to secure it in place.
- Next, each cotton boll has a twist tie on the backside. Use 5 (or more) of the cotton pads to go around the wreath.
- Tie them using the twist tie around a few of the sticks to secure it
You will want to use these cotton bolls.