Christmas Birch Centerpieces (DIY)
Not sure what to do with all of those left over round containers from all of the holiday festivities? Don't throw them away! Here is a simple holiday DIY center piece project.
Easy Holiday Centerpiece!
Oatmeal and nut containers work great.
Using a putty knife, spread a coat of Wood Icing® Textura Paste onto the entire surface.
You will need a foam roller. Remove the foam and wrap a rubber band around the surface.
Roll all the way around the container creating texture.
Let it dry and give it a light sanding to remove any high spots. Then stain it. I used General Finishes Espresso Stain. Let it dry.
Using a dry brush technique, paint with Pure White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. Leave some of the Espresso Stain peaking through.
- Round containers (grocery store)
- Wood Icing® Textura Paste (http://fauxstudiodesigns.com/)
- General Finishes Espresso Stain (Woodcraft)
- Putty knife (hardware store)
- Foam roller, rubber bands, chip brush (hardware store)
- Pure White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan (http://fauxstudiodesigns.com/)
Published December 6th, 2016 4:53 PM
3 of 68 comments