How to Create a Dollar Tree Christmas Tag Sign DIY for your home this Christmas season. This is an inexpensive way to give your farmhouse Christmas Decor a High End Look without paying high-end prices. Pick up 2 Dollar Tree Tag Signs for this project. It doesn't matter the content on the tag because you are going to be sanding and painting over it.
How to Make Large Christmas Tags Using Dollar Tree Items
- The first thing I did was to remove the paper layered at the bottom so the tag would be flat.
- I then took the tags outside and used my orbital sander to sand off the glitter that was on the tag.
- I painted the first tag using black chalk paint.
- I painted the second sign with red chalk paint.
- This will be the tag I use to create the buffalo check.
- After the red sign dried I placed painters tape on the tag and painted between the strips with black chalk paint.
- After the first set of stripes dried I did the same thing in the opposite direction.
- It doesn't matter which way you start.
- I purchased a Christmas Bundle from DESIGN BUNDLES. The entire bundle was less than $20.
- I sized the cut file and cut it using my Cricuit Explore Air 2.
- I centered the vinyl cut out on the sign and applied it.
- I used Mod Podge to seal the sign.
- I found theses 3 large bells at Dollar General and thought they would look amazing.
- I attached the balls used twine.
Tack Life Hot Air Gun - this saves me so much time. I recommend it to anyone that wants to save time doing home decor projects.
Design Bundles Holiday Bundle - Design Bundles has some of the best cut files at the lowest prices. If you are into crafting you should check them out. This link is for the bundle I purchased to create this sign.
Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers.
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.
- 2 Large Tags (Dollar Tree)
- Twine (Dollar Tree)
- Large Bells (Dollar General)
- Painters Tape (Dollar Tree)
- Black Chalk Paint (Michaels)
- White Chalk Paint (Michaels)
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks (Amazon)
- Sander & Sand Paper (Home Depot)