How can I add glitter to faux snowflakes on a DIY ornament?

+12

I recently made an ornament using faux snowflakes for the ornament exchange that my sister is having at her Christmas Eve family get together. It looks really nice, but, I think that a little sparkle would make it a little more eye catching and prettier. How can I add glitter to the faux snow flakes that I've already added to the ornament that I've made?

q how can i add glitter to faux snow flakes on an ornament that i made
  • FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Dec 17, 2019

Your wreath is so festive and cute! Have you tried rubbing on glitter glue?

• Aleithia Deaver Foster Aleithia Deaver Foster on Dec 17, 2019

Hi Frugal FamilyTimes.com. Thank you very much! No, I have not tried rubbing on glitter glue to adhere to the snow. I will have to try some on a sample and see how it works out.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 17, 2019

Hello. Consider using a glue like Elmers or even a glue gun (if thicker is desired) with glitter

• 4637385 4637385 on Dec 17, 2019

YOu could use Mod Podge to adhere it. Hope that helps.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 17, 2019

Spray glitter would work. Very nice.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 17, 2019

Reviewing options in your local craft store might be helpful.

Potentially show you multiple options.

Shown below is an old squeeze on product that I purchased years ago— but they do have both paint on and squeeze on faux snow products.

It would be a one step process might be easier than glue and glitter.

• Pamela Pamela on Dec 17, 2019

Hi ! Use any clear drying glue ...Elmers , tacky glue , mod podge ...Will all work fine ! 😀 cute ornament !!!

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 17, 2019

Hi Aleithia: You can make a mix of 1/2 school glue and1/2 water and paint that on your snow flakes and then shake some glitter on that. Good luck

• William William on Dec 17, 2019

Paint the snowflakes with Elmer's school glue. Dries clear. The sprinkle glitter. Let it dry. Shake off any residue.

• Toni @ Girl, Just DIY! Toni @ Girl, Just DIY! on Dec 17, 2019

Dab on a little mod podge and then sprinkle with glitter. Hold it at an angle over a box or bowl so that the glitter doesn't go all over the fabric parts of the ornament.

• Dee Dee on Dec 17, 2019

Buy spray on glue and then put glitter on it while it is wet.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Dec 19, 2019

Hi Aleithia, your wreath ornament is lovely. If you don't want the glitter to get all over your ornament you can use two pieces of cardstock and slide them gently under the snowflakes before adding the glitter.