Is there a faux snow for my Christmas tree that can be removed ?

+2
  • Elaine Elaine on Dec 02, 2017
    I am unaware of any product but then again, I haven’t had the need to look lately, however, I CAN tell you what I do. I use cotton balls ... the cheap dollar store, or better still, the drug store ** kind. (Re ** the drug store ones are better because they are thicker and don’t fall apart as readily.)

I then take my time (while watching TV in the evening sometimes) and gently start to pull, or “stretch” the individual balls out as much as possible so they are thin and semi transparent; then I simply place them, here and there, on the boughs of the tree where snow would normally land. I don’t just “plop” them there but push them a little into the needles on the boughs to look realistic.

I place slightly thicker heavier “snow” on the inner sections because they don’t show the same, therefore, don’t have to look as realIstic. Really “stretch” the cotton balls out so when some are laying over the tree lights, the light shines through. That looks really pretty!

I like a Winter Wonderland look to my tree so another trick I do is buy inexpensive white tulle and cut it into about 2’ sections (to make is easier to work with) and wind it through the INNER boughs of the tree. This can look nice and snow-y and also helps hide the inner tree trunk.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Dec 02, 2017
    What about a garland that looks like fake snow?

• Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Dec 02, 2017
    There’s that’s flakey snow that you toss on stuff. Same stuff they use in movies when they come in from outside and it never melts off their coat. LOL