How do I change the color of my metal wall art ?

+12

I have metal wall art in avocado, brown, and orange colors.

Would like to update to grays, black, silver.

What is the best metal paint to use?

Thanks Angela

q how do i change the color of my metal wall art
  • Michelle Griffin Michelle Griffin on Nov 17, 2019
    I am in the process of creating a kitchen from a bunch of mismatched cabinets and hardware. I brought them all together using similar hues of paint and spraying all of the hardware, brackets etc even plastic outlet covers, with Rust-Oleum Universal Hammered. They have several different metallic colors. Just use tape to cover the frame behind the circles. Use press & seal to cover the circles you don't want painted that particular color, so paint won't peel off when removing it. Good luck hope you love it!

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Nov 17, 2019

Krylon spray paint. Mix up the many colors and textures.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Nov 17, 2019

Any spray paint will work easily! Unless you want more colors on it at once?

• Toni Toni on Nov 17, 2019

I love metal art ... I purchase at yard sales ... especially love Haitian drum art ... I use craft paint for small areas, and spray paint for large areas, then spray all with clear rustoleum...works great, lasts forever, indoors and out. When I want a change, I just do it again!

• Make nice thing's Make nice thing's on Nov 17, 2019

No tips ..you have lots of good ones to ..just to say..That looks a beauty..love decco like this. Have fun..sure it will look fab 👍

• William William on Nov 18, 2019

Rustoleum 2X spray paint for metal.

• An easy paint on one with no fumes is the Folklore paints, certain ones in their lineup are for all surfaces.

• Dee Dee on Nov 18, 2019

Rustoleum is the best for metal. They also have a spray primer. You can add highlights with Rub and Buff which you can get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby

• Sharon Sharon on Feb 23, 2021

I use Rustoleum's line of metallic paints from True Value Hardware store.

• TPayne TPayne on Sep 20, 2021

It will be challenging because I see a lot of small parts and thin metal ribbons. This adds to the complexity of the painting. That's why you should go to experts who have been doing this all their lives and understand how to work with such small parts. If you do not mind, I will advise you decorative metal art screens in Perth because it has been a very positive experience that has yielded excellent results. This service deals with just such problems and has many effective methods for painting and making metal art.