How do I create a glamour pendant?

+2

I'm new to crafting , but not new to great ideas and always willing to attempt . However I'm now stuck . I would love nothing more than to find a step by step tutorial or even a site member who would know how to create this look. I'm not suggesting that my end product would be a replica but my own version of it. I have several sized chrome rings, a plug in switch,and glass beads . I'm aiming for this look as in picture but for beginners 🤣any help would be so appreciated. Some YouTube sites offer only installing etc.

q how to create a glamour pendant
  • Lisa Lisa on Dec 28, 2018

I am posting a link for a pendant light that doesn't look exactly like this, but which can lead you in the right direction. In addition, I'd suggest using fishing wire in varying lengths. I hope this helps, Tammy!

https://www.hometalk.com/614907/ombre-neon-zip-tie-pendant-lamp

• SL SL on Dec 28, 2018

I made one using clear Christmas Ornaments x 3 sizes and fishing string then made the strings different lengths. I attached those to this light fixture in the link and I have gotten many compliments on it. Try looking up bubble light fixture you might find something because everyone call mine a bubble fixture.

The good news is Hobby Lobby should have those at least 60% off right now.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60262923/

• Carolyn and Carolyn and on Dec 28, 2018

I would do a 1/4 inch piece of plywood cut in a circle painted chrome the mesh looking circle you can get the mesh at lowe's and use little L bracket to attach to the wood , use fishing line and attach crystals at different levels even the way they have them . look in the kitchen light dept for your lights and the top could be a box for electric wire with cover from electric dept of store painted chrome. This may work for you and some could be found at habitat of thrift stores.

• Sal3170064 Sal3170064 on Dec 29, 2018

I am not sure how to fix lights on the pendant. But to make some thing similar to picture, I would drill holes in the light fixture around in a spiral. Make sure you have equal space between holes.

Then cut different lengths of plastic fishing wire, starting on the outside edge, working around to the middle adding extra wire to the lengths as you go. Allow enough for tying a knot at the top. Add a small bead once threaded through the hole then knot the wire.

Then take each wire and add glass beads( can be old necklaces) in different sizes, start small then graduate down, add a larger bead at the bottom. Tie off. If you add extra holes between the fishing wire then this should create extra sparkle when the light is on. Depending where the light bulb is fixed.