DIY Macrame Planters, With 2 Simple Knots
Do you have some planters pots or vases that you want to upcycle or give a fresh look? Try this macrame planter and make them unique with your own design. This is a beginner-friendly project and you need to learn only two simple knots.
I have a planter pot sitting in my living room and I wanted to spruce it up.
- First, measure the circumference of the pot. I need the thread’s length to be more than twice the circumference of the pot. So I am folding the thread and leaving an overhang so that I have ample thread enough to tie the knots in the end.
2. Now take this thread as a guide and cut multiple threads of the same length. Then we have to fold them all in half.
3. Here is how to make the first knot 1. Repeat it with all your threads. Add as many as you need to cover the height of the pot or vase. You can place the pot in a sleeping position over these threads, to make sure they cover the whole height of the pot.
4. Knot 2: Take a long thread of your preferred length. Now hold the threads in each loop and place a long thread below them as shown. Now you have to wrap around them twice as shown and repeat
If the thread ends, you can start again with a new thread. just start in the same way you did in the beginning.
5. Now you can remove the dowel, open the loops, and cut them as shown. Now get your pot, wrap around it, and knot the ends on either side of the sleeve.
6. The last step is to comb the edges to give a fluffy look.
Here is how the planter and an old dollar tree vase turned out. Let's how to make them. I didn't have to take the plant out to do this. If I can do it, you can too!!