An hour of your time and colors of your choice make for a fun, and unique set of glasses! Great for home decor, sports parties (pick your team's colors!), to give as a housewarming present, shower gift and more.
Grab Some Nail Polish & Upcycle Your Old Glasses
Nail Polish Glasses Directions:
• Lay down some cardboard or other protective material on your work surface.
• Clean the glasses being used in this craft with soap and hot water. Make certain they are completely dry and lint free before starting.
• Fill a bowl with water.
• Drop a few drops of nail polish onto the surface of the water. Use whatever color combination you like. This tutorial uses blue, orange, yellow, and pink (listed in the blog post are many other seasonal color combinations).
• Jiggle the bowl a tiny bit to force the nail polish design to spread. If you like, you can use a toothpick and draw across the surface of the nail polish to make intricate designs.
• Once you are happy with the design in the bowl, slowly lower a glass bottom side down into the bowl of water. Lower one edge down, and then slowly straighten the glass out over the surface of the water to prevent air bubbles from getting trapped inside the design.
• Pull the glass out of the water slowly. Flip it upside down.
• Keep the glasses bottom side up until they are completely dry.
• Once the glass designs are fully dry, apply a coat of waterproof sealer over the designs using a paint brush to apply.
• After you apply the waterproof sealer and it has fully dried, the design is locked in.
• This Nail Polish Glasses craft is an easy, fun craft to make. For complete details, click the link to my blog (below)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published July 11th, 2017 2:02 PM
4 of 10 comments